Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Position: Cultural Resource Team Lead
Location: Arlington, Tx
Apply at: https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/10073/archaeological-crew-chief%2c-cultural-resources/job
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for an Archaeological Crew Chief to supervise and lead a crew while conducting archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. In this role you will support the Arlington, TX and Tulsa, OK projects and may work as much as 40 to 60 hours per week, with up to 10 hour field days. SWCA will provide daily per diem and lodging, should the work be on non-local, project sites.
Our Arlington, TX and Tulsa, OK office offers a unique work environment with opportunities for growth and development. If you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services and enjoy leading team, this could be an excellent opportunity for you!
There is flexibility to work from either office location.
What you will accomplish:
- Supervising and leading a crew while conducting archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
- Communicating with Field Directors, Project Managers, and GIS staff through regular, scheduled daily update reports.
- Participating in technical research and writing and data QA/QC for reporting efforts.
- Assisting with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
Experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field is required
- A minimum of 6 months field experience in cultural resource management as a Crew Chief, with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required; experience in Oklahoma and Texas preferred
- Completed accredited field school experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.