Company: SWCA Environmental Consultants
Job Title: Natural Resource Project Manager
Location: Arlington, TX
Apply at: https://careers-swca.icims.com/jobs/10114/natural-resources-project-manager/job
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Arlington Texas or Tulsa, Oklahoma offices offer a unique work environment and specializes in Oil & Gas projects and Renewable Energy projects.
What you will accomplish:
A core member of the Natural Resources Program, taking a lead and collaborative role in pursuing project opportunities, managing large projects and clients, and supervising and mentoring staff. Manage project requirements related to National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other resource planning/permitting, and/or natural resource disciplines relevant in the specified region. Partner, supervise and/or prepare requirements related to biological field studies, permits, mitigation plans, biological assessments, project monitoring and other deliverables. Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms. Attend and/or present at local, regional and national conferences and forums. Support agency needs during project process.
Experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in biology, botany, environmental science, natural resource management, or other related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of combined experience managing all aspects of projects, environmental consulting, or ecological studies including developing and implementing budgets, schedules, scopes of work from pre-field tasks to final report preparation
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with implementing CEQA, NEPA, ESA, and/or CWA permitting processes [preferred or required]
- Working knowledge of federal, state and/or local regulations (i.e., NEPA, CWA, and ESA) governing natural resource management in Texas & Oklahoma.
- Demonstrated business development success and consulting acumen, including established credibility with federal and state reviewing agencies and clients, as well as success in proposal writing
- Demonstrated experience in increasing levels of responsibility, including supervising, providing leadership, and mentoring for other professionals
- Leads large or multiple crews on a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
- Possess advanced skills and knowledge in one or more specialty scientific areas (e.g., keying rare plants, conducting protocol surveys for special-status species, etc.)
- Prior primary report authorship in a natural resources consulting context for a variety of project types and sizes, regions, and agencies
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.